Saturday, March 19, 2011

Get Outta My Way

OK, so the holidays didn't go as well as expected. But here's what I did.

1. Finished The Passage by Justin Cronin.

One of the most brilliant books I've ever read. The reviews related it to Stephen King. So it was worth a try, right? The first page got me sucked into the plot. I've never read any novels on apocalypses before, and by the way, has anyone noticed the trend lately? It's all about armageddon. Or maybe it's a coincidence that my movie channels are showing a lot of end-of-the-world-let's-live-with-aliens movies. The other night I woke up in a coughing fit and my befuddled mind was good enough to think: COUGH MEDICINE. NOW. But I started imagining what if I got out to the kitchen alone and a viral *vampire/animal/virus-infected human from The Passage* attacked me?! OK. The next morning I clearly remembered being scared shitless the night before and not daring to go out and get my cough medicine. My conspiracy theory is that Justin Cronin has sort of incepted me with his book and now my subconscious has believed in the presence of virals, a.k.a. genetically altered humans who are immortal and wouldn't hesitate to tear your limbs off and suck the blood off anything with haemoglobin.

2. Avoided but got sucked in anyway. The fox tail trend anyone?

Those huge furry boots models wore down the runway were already an eye sore. Oh God. The Abominable Monster strikes again! But not furry bags. I love them!! I have a tendency to keep patting them. And mine glows reddish under the sun. It's beautiful. :D Weird much? Haha. Though, I don't really get So what's with the tail hanging out the bag? It's all over Vivi. Why do you need fox tails *faux fox tails* hanging out of your pockets or bags. Guess what? I bought myself a furry bag. And it has a tail! I swore I was going to get it off the moment I got back home. But didn't do it in the end.

3. I had an epiphany. Sort of.

There's no time for whining. I'm not gonna let them pull me down. I won't be affected by negative comments. They can think whatever they want. I have to work harder because that's the only way to escape this hole.


One of my favourite songs lately. Cool video too. I'm more drawn to songs with techno beats nowadays. Or something Sigur Ros-like.

No comments:

Post a Comment